Skilled Independent (189) visa
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SKILLED INDEPENDENT (189) VISA
To apply for this visa, you’ll need to be working in a job on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). The requirements will be based on age, training and English competence.
As you are working in a role on the SOL, you don’t need sponsorship from a relative or state, and you can live in any part of the country.
WHEN YOU’RE GRANTED A 189 VISA:
- You and your partner can work in any job on arrival
- You can study at one of Australia’s fantastic schools or universities
- You can start your journey towards Australian citizenship
- You can sponsor others during their own permanent residency applications
- You’ll receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare
We have years of experience guiding people through their skill assessment for the skilled independent 189 visa. Whatever your profession – IT, nursing, engineering, for example – we’ll ensure you have all the support you need to lodge a successful visa application.
You should be aware that you’ll need a range of paperwork, which may include detailed references and training certificates. Choosing KNpact Migration Australia for your visa application gives you a fantastic chance of gaining permanent residency in Australia
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST
All applicants are required to take an English test called IELTS/ PTEAcademic. We can help you train for this by offering helpful tips and advice.
READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP?
Take your free visa assessment today!